Policies at the Hilbert Circle Theatre
Commitment to a Safe Environment
In response to the recent dramatic rise in COVID-19 infections in Central Indiana and to safeguard the health and security of our guests, musicians, staff and volunteers, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will implement the following changes in policy:
- Proof of vaccination or recent negative COVID-19 PCR test will be required to attend all performances and events at Hilbert Circle Theatre concerts. Until November 1, guests must show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test to gain entry as an alternative to proof of vaccination. Beginning on November 1, only guests who are fully vaccinated will be permitted to attend a concert at Hilbert Circle Theatre. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from the vaccination mandate and the testing requirement, although a mask must be worn at all times for children over the age of 2.
- As an option for PCR testing, the ISO is collaborating with GenePace Laboratories to administer PCR tests at two locations in Central Indiana: in Carmel at 316 South Rangeline Road (open weekdays, weekends and evening hours) and adjacent to the Hilbert Circle Theatre lobby at 45 Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis (open weekdays during business hours). Guests are responsible for the cost of testing.
- To gain entry to Hilbert Circle Theatre, eligible concertgoers must display an entry pass generated by the My Bindle app. Hilbert Circle Theatre will also accept paper vaccination cards, photocopies, photos, or digital images confirming vaccination status, along with valid ID. Also, the Indiana State Department of Health offers vaccination certificates online that can be stored on a smart phone.
- Masks are required at all times for all guests, regardless of vaccination status in all spaces at Hilbert Circle Theatre, except while eating and drinking in authorized areas. Face shields and gaiters are not approved alternatives to face masks.
In addition, the ISO will commit to the following venue modifications to ensure a healthy and safe environment:
- HVAC compliance: The Hilbert Circle Theatre have upgraded HVAC systems providing healthy indoor air quality.
- eTickets/contactless entry: We’re implementing contactless touchpoints for ticketing and entry. You can access your tickets digitally through your ISO Account on any internet-ready device. Paper tickets will be available only upon request or due to operational necessity.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures: We’re executing regular and thorough cleanings of all restrooms and public touchpoints, including tables, chairs, elevators, and handrails.
- Hand sanitizer: The Hilbert Circle Theatre is making hand sanitizing stations available throughout the lobby and concert hall.
- Visitors who require accommodations beyond any of the ones listed above should contact our Customer Care team at (317) 639-4300.
- All ticketing fees will be waived through the end of 2021.
For complete details on our health and safety policy as well as FAQs, please visit IndianapolisSymphony.org/Safety.
Code of Conduct
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (ISO) is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable concert experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all ISO personnel.
We ask that guests refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Smoking, other than in designated areas
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the performance stage or restricted areas at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- The distribution of promotional items, flyers, handbills and/or printed materials, vending, peddling or product sampling is not allowed without written permission of the ISO
- Standing on seats
- Standing or dancing in the aisles
- Sitting or standing on the shoulders of another guest
- Conduct that unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of the event by others or poses a threat to public safety, as determined at the sole discretion of the ISO
- Violation of state or local laws
Failure to comply may subject you to ejection or arrest.
Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to venue personnel. We welcome your help in our efforts to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests.
Restricted Items and Conditions
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to conduct lawful searches at any time of all packages, containers, briefcases and purses (and other similar personal belongings), and persons entering its properties. Anyone who fails or refuses to promptly permit a search under this policy will not be allowed on the property, or if already on the property, will be asked to immediately leave the premises. Failure to comply with a demand to leave the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra’s premises in accordance with this policy will be considered an act of trespass and may result in the involvement of law enforcement and/or prosecution.
Weapons (see weapons policy below); alcoholic beverages purchased outside the venue or illegal substances; weapons toy or fake weapons; laser pointers, strobe lights, irritants (e.g. artificial noisemakers); radios or other music players; projectiles; animals (with the exception of service animals); bikes, skateboards, scooters (or the like); signs (large or in poor taste); balloons, silly string, and banners.
Please note: There is no check-in area for prohibited items.
Smoking / Vaping / E-cigarettes
Smoking or vaping within the venue is not permitted.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. Weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, tear gas, knives, etc.
Photo & Video Policy
No photography, video recording, recording or transmitting of any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event or event activities. The camera policy is subject to change dependent upon the event promoters’ requirements for each event.
By redeeming a ticket, the holder and any minor, acknowledge permission to the use of your image, likeness, actions, and statement in connection with any live or recorded audio, photograph, publication, or other transmission of the event/event Activities or the promotion of any future event.
Ticket Required for Entry
All guests are required to have a ticket despite age. This includes children of all ages.
Food and Beverage
Outside food & beverage is prohibited. Currently, any food and beverage purchased onsite may only be enjoyed in designated areas. Any beverage purchased onsite must be enjoyed onsite and will not be allowed to exit the building.
Late Arrival Seating
Latecomers may be delayed access to seating until intermission or times/breaks in the event, and may be seated in alternate seat locations.
Guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the venue on a previously scanned ticket. Access to the Box Office will be available.
Trained service animals (not emotional support animals) assisting guests are permitted. Service animals must remain on a leash or harness at all times and will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability. All other animals are prohibited.
Sound, Lights and Haze
Areas of the venue maybe subject to extremely loud music and sounds, as well as strobes, flashing lights, theatrical stage lighting and the use of fog or haze.