Symphony in Color
A Unique Blending of Symphonic Music and Visual Arts
Symphony in Color shows the immense creativity that young people are capable of expressing when engaged in music and art. My wife, Joanna, and I strongly believe that that opportunities like this are incredibly important, and we can’t wait to be inspired by what the children will create this year!
ISO Music Director
- Music is chosen from the Discovery Concert Series repertoire.
- While listening to the repertoire, students create their own works of art, inspired by the music they hear.
- 100 finalists and 36 blue ribbon winners are selected from the thousands of pieces of art entered.
- One entry receives the Renato Pacini Award and is displayed in the Hilbert Circle Theatre for an entire year.
- A Maestro Award is given to the teacher with the most finalists.
- Also, a People’s Choice Award is chosen from among the blue ribbon winners by the ISOA and Symphony members during a People’s Choice Luncheon.
The annual Symphony In Color student contest and art exhibit will unfortunately not be taking place in 2021.
Even though we will not be able to celebrate together this year, we want to extend our gratitude for our relationship with you. We are together in spirit. We plan to return next year in 2022 and look forward to your participation once again.
—Mary Richards, Symphony In Color Chair